Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 1996 19:38:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tty-level buffer overflows - what to do?

Hi!
---

Ollivier Robert writes:

] It seems that Andreas S. Wetzel said:
] > I tried to install another Meg on 256k simms but didn't suceed cause the
] > motherboard only recognizes one meg of memory when I put in the 256k simms
] > additionally to the 4 meg.
]
] Try to swap the memory  banks (e.g. bank#0 with  4x 256 and bank#1 with  4x
] 1M). I remember trying this when I upgraded to 20 MB a while  ago and the 4
] additional MB weren't recognized till I swapped the banks...

I already did this, cause I had the same problem as you metioned when updating
my other box to 20 Mb, but the effect was still the same: The machine only
recognized the 256k simms with a total capacity of 1 Mb. I think this is
simply a problem of the motherboard, since I had these 256k simms installed
on another machine (dx2/66) and this machine recognized the total of 5 Mb.
Anyway... I wont bother about 1 Meg of additional memory :->

Regards, mickey

--
          (__)
          (@@)      Andreas S. Wetzel        E-mail: mickey@deadline.snafu.de