Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 1995 01:10:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Doug S." <serges@umr.edu>
To:        d_burr@ix.netcom.com (Donald Burr)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP Masquerading under FreeBSD?

I while back I had (and still have) the need to do this. It is such a
powerful feature that I dont know why its not available under FreeBSD.
(And Im not completely sure that its available under Linux. Anyone using
it?)

Im also curious about the implementation. How does the kernel encode the
the internal hosts' IP address? Does it keep an internal list or does it
save it in the IP packet? Where would it place the address (does anyone
have a Stevens book handy? :)

Serge.