Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:51:41 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Wilkinson,Alex" <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sec:unclassified Backtracing [gdb]

Howdy all,

I have a situation on my FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #7: Thu Jan 23 14:12:15 CST 2003 box.
After the box has been up for approx 15 days with X running, X suddenly 'freezes' and the
root window becomes corrupt (looks distorted and getting eaten away). I can swtich to the
Virtual Console and back to X fine. X doesn't actually core dump.

What I would like to do is to get a backtrace of X when and where it froze.

Anyway my question:

Since X doesn't actually core dump, how can I get a backtrace ?

I would like to submit a send-pr but I am not sure how to go about debugging such an issue.

 Thanks

 - aW