Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:12:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: major/minor numbers

 > Has anybody looked at NetBSD's wscons? I believe it already has support
 > for multiple mice and keyboards, it's already cross-platform, and it
 > supports the USB devices.

Kazu mentioned that he has working code, so let's look at that first.
Support for the USB devices: I guess that I noticed, because I had to
comment it out.

And yes they have multiple console support. but if you can remember I
put up a discussion on hackers about this and the general consensus was
that multiple consoles is a bit silly, one because of cheap hardware and
second because of the fact that more than one video card in a system
seems to be less than straightforward, allthough it has been done.

But why not have support for multiple consoles? I do not see why not.
And which stack to use, I ahve no idea what the console stack on NetBSD
looks like, so if you rip it out you might run into more trouble than a
complete new stack would give you.

So, Kazu, our star, shine some light on us.

Nick

--
ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy