Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:37:10 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-Stable + USB question...

"Ryan K. Losh" <rklosh@rkl.org> probably said:
> I guess my original post was not clear.  I'm not plugging a USB mouse
> in.  The cable I purchased has a USB connector at one end, and two
> PS/2 style ports, (one with a keyboard and one with a mouse) on the
> other end.  So, I'm not using a "true" USB mouse here...

I know what you meant - I have one of these boxes as well. As far as
the OS is concerned, it's a USB mouse.

> Yes, I plug the cable (which already has the mouse and kbd plugged in)
> into the USB slot, type kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1 on the laptop keyboard
> which switches the console kbd to the external one.  The external kbd
> functions as expected, the laptop one doesn't.

You'll only get one keyboard at a time. If you'd searched the archives
you'd see me asking similar questions about USB keyboards.

> The laptop mouse continues to work, the external (logitech trackman
> marble, FWIW) doesn't.  Moving the external mouse does nothing on
> the screen...

You still havn't answered my question.

Are you using moused in general ? Are your uses of the internal mouse
pointed at /dev/sysmouse ?

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu