Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:58:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      soupman <soup@m-net.arbornet.org>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install problem

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I downloaded the files from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.8-RELEASE/
onto my computer with Windows XP, and then used the Windows Direct Cable
Connection (DCC) to transfer the files from the XP machine to the Windows
95 machine.  I then checked the file sizes on the Windows machine and they
match up exactly with the files on the FreeBSD server.  So that's not the
problem.
I think it's something to do with how I set up the FTP server on the
Windows box, but I can't see exactly where I went wrong.  Like I said
before, the FreeBSD machine seems to have no trouble finding the files
on the Windows box.
Cheers!