Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:54:55 -0700
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "FreeBSD ISP" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mod_frontpage & UID/GID Settings

I've been trying to get Apache with FrontPage Extension installed on my
server.  I'm hoping someone here will help me out.  :)

In my latest attempt, I've installed the following from ports in the
order listed:

apache-1.3.27_5
frontpage-5.0.2.2623_1
mod_frontpage-1.6.2

I've worked through configuring httpd.conf and running the fp-install.sh
script in /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0.  When I attempt to open the
root web with the FrontPage 2002 client, I see "web root owned by
privileged user:" in my httpd-error.log.

A Google search indicates that this error is caused by compiling
mod_frontpage with the default minimum UID/GID of 100.  I used
pkg_deinstall to remove mod_frontpage.  Then I used portinstall to build
it again.  I can see that the minimum UID/GID is set to 80 as this is in
the build output:

-DFP_UID_MIN=80  -DFP_GID_MIN=80

I have also verified that the UID and GID is 80 in /etc/passwd:

www:*:80:80:World Wide Web Owner:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin

What else can I check?  Any suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew