Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:23:32 -0400
From:      alex@schnarff.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email Sending Problem to YAHOO

>> Hi everybody!!!!!
>>
>> hope all doing fine ,,,,
>> well i have configured my Email Server on FreeBSD 6.2 with Qmail, i
>> have send email to yahoo, hotmail & gmail. On gmail & hotmail, its
>> works quick, bt at yahoo ,,, its delaying nd mail recieved at yahoo
>> with huge delays. wen i send email to yahoo, it gives following
>> defferal error,
>>
>> @40000000466e85af2e894abc delivery 12: deferral:
>> Connected_to_216.39.53.1_but_greeting_failed./Remote_host_said:_421_Message_from_(
>> 58.65.151.33
>> )_temporarily_deferred_-_4.16.50._Please_refer_to_http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-
>> 06.html/
>> @40000000466e85af2e8bb3ec status: local 0/10 remote 1/255
>> @40000000466e85b000c37904 delivery 13: deferral:
>> Connected_to_66.196.97.250_but_greeting_failed./Remote_host_said:_421_Message_from_(
>> 58.65.151.33
>> )_temporarily_deferred_-_4.16.50._Please_refer_to_http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-
>> 06.html/
>> @40000000466e85b000c57ca4 status: local 0/10 remote 0/255
>>
>> Kindly Help me out in fixing such probelm ,,,,,
>
> The error message mentions a url. Perhaps you can find more information
> there.
> Perhaps this is interesting to you:
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/abuse/abuse-60.html
>
> Jona

I've experienced this same problem. Unfortunately, Yahoo is by default
deferring all mail from any servers it has not whitelisted, and in a
lot of cases, doing so until the mail eventaully bounces. While this
policy is annoying, it's risen to the level of excruciatingly
irritating after dealing with their tech support on the issue -- it's
essentially nonexistent, and you have to really pester the crap out of
them *and* fill out ridiculously long questionnaires on your server to
get a human to reply long enough to fix the situation. I'm nearly at
the point of fixing things with them, but it's taken me weeks.

Good luck with your system; I would start by visiting the URL and
following the suggestions there.

Alex Kirk