Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:36:05 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rebuilding Postfix to ad MySQL support

On Dec 5, 2007, at 8:06 PM, jekillen wrote:

> carefully crafting the configuration files for Postfix, I
> am informed tha Postfix does not support MySQL tables
> as it stands. I have received instruction from Postfix list
> about how to add the support:

If you want funny options in your postfix, you need to build it via
the port directly.  Go to /usr/ports/mail/postfix and type "make
confg" and select the options you want, then type "make" to build it,
and "make install" to install it.  You will probably need to
pkg_delete the current one.

Also, you can convince portupgrade utility to do the tricky bits for
you after the make config step.