Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:50:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        owensc@enc.edu (Charles Owens)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of running Willows Windows emulator?

> To answer my own question, below is what I was sent by the Willows sales
> people.
>
> So now, the big hold up seems to be our present inability to run Linux ELF
> binaries.  I understand that this will be coming down the pike in a few
> months.
>
> Does anyone have any testimonials about just how good or bad the Windows
> emulation is?  If it can run Word and Excel its obviously much further
> along than Wine... but is it actually usable?
>
> Perhaps when the BSDI DOS emulator port is done we'll be able to run Locus
> Merge via SCO emulation (any guesses?).  I think I could get FreeBSD on
> some desktops here if I could only achieve some sort of Windows app
> capability.  (sigh...)

The TWIN wource code is available under NDA; more than a few people have
it, and in fact have it running under FreeBSD.

You should join the Willows developement list for more details (I
think it is on heir page?).  In any event, that is where discussions
take place, when they take place.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---