Date:      Sat, 24 May 2008 12:17:07 -0600
From:      John E Hein <jhein@timing.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>, ports@freebsd.org, Ganael LAPLANCHE <ganael.laplanche@martymac.com>, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USE_LINUX_RPM and PORTDOCS

Alexander Leidinger wrote at 19:35 +0200 on May 24, 2008:
 > Removing unwanted stuff in post-extract is not uncommon. I don't think
 > a patch for linux-rpm.mk with something like this would be a bad
 > solution.

Removing things in post-extract _should_ be uncommon.  If I want
to look at the extraction of the distfile(s), running 'make extract'
should give me that without removing things.  I think I've heard
others echo that sentiment.

Why not pre- or post-patch - part of a stage that implies a
modification of unpacked distfile(s)?