Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 06:19:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      hawkeyd@visi.com (D J Hawkey Jr)
To:        bts@babbleon.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C vs C++

In article <20020305164731.530B5BA03_i8k.babbleon.org@ns.sol.net>,
	bts@babbleon.org writes:
> On Tuesday 05 March 2002 11:28 am, Kenneth Mays wrote:
>
>           [SNIP]
>
> Besides, it's not C++ that provides whatever questionable benefits it
> provides; it's OO methodology which can come in handy, and there are more
> elegant OO solutions than C++ around.

Hear, Hear!

In my small, insignificant opinion, I thought the creators of C++ were
cracked for taking a small, concise, procedural, and beautiful, language
like C and obfuscating (read: "corrupting") it with all that overloading
stuff. Most of the class stuff can be implemented in C, though perhaps
not as "transparently".

They should have left well enough alone, and advocated languages that
were/are OOPL by concept as well as design.

I'll go away now.
Dave