Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:44:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MySQL 2.32.42 problems

Hello.

Since our upgrade to FreeBSD 4.4 (began around September, 1st) we ran into
trouble with mysql 2.32.42.

The symptoms are that columns of type 'DOUBLE' shows 'NaN' after recompilation
of FreeBSD (make world).
We use a small C programm which inserts double vars into a table containing
climate values for research. The phenomenon is reproducable although I recompiled
the C program to ensure that the newest mysql libs are included, recompiling
the whole mysql port (after I recompiled FreeBSD AND did mergemaster AND restarted
FreeBSD first). I ensured that all paths are correct and search the right way,
especially for the libraries.
But after a reboot I can be sure that the next inserts into the table has the value
'NaN' and reading from this table serves always 'NaN' although before the reboot data
has been inserted the correct way.
I saw the 'NaN' value many times in FreeBSD 4.4, especially when getting ports and
at the end of the ftp transfer the net statistic is printed, the transmitted byte
amount often shows 'NaN'. This does not occur in FreeBSD 4.3.

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)