Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:04:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Ryan K. Losh" <rklosh@rkl.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-Stable + USB question...

> > Yes, I plug the cable (which already has the mouse and kbd plugged in)
> > into the USB slot, type kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1 on the laptop keyboard
> > which switches the console kbd to the external one.  The external kbd
> > functions as expected, the laptop one doesn't.
>
> You'll only get one keyboard at a time. If you'd searched the archives
> you'd see me asking similar questions about USB keyboards.

That's consistent with what I read in kbdcontrol(1).

> > The laptop mouse continues to work, the external (logitech trackman
> > marble, FWIW) doesn't.  Moving the external mouse does nothing on
> > the screen...
>
> You still havn't answered my question.
>
> Are you using moused in general ? Are your uses of the internal mouse
> pointed at /dev/sysmouse ?

I was trying to get the mouse working with moused.  I didn't figure
any of the devices which were pointed at /dev/sysmouse would work
unless moused did...I've also tried it with a second mouse so that I
could at least rule-out a problem with the Logitech Track-Man.  The
other mouse didn't work, either...

Ryan

P.S.  Sorry for mew cc:'ing you with my response to the list...