Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:21:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kurt Abahar <xverify@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keeping Ports and Packages Synchronized

--- Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> No such facility
> exists, and I don't imagine anyone creating one any
> time soon because
> it would be VERY hard to accomplish for a large
> number of reasons.

If you don't mind, could you please elaborate on this?

Side note: I'm asking because I would definitely be
willing to contribute since this would make using
ports and packages together much easier. I also think
that such a configuration would be a better default
for portsnap.

Thank you

http://sims.yahoo.com/