Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:29:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de (F. Heinrichmeyer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My ATAPI CD not come ready, (.. and no sound with cmi8330)

It seems F. Heinrichmeyer wrote:
> Last weekend i tried patches from Soren Schmidt to reactivate  my old
> cdrom which went away after the ata-update around the 18. January. This
> patches completely broke ata support for me (that means the kernel did
> not boot anymore). Of course i reported this one or two days later.

I was under the impression that it was something else that caused
it not to boot, you didn't tell me back then it was because of
the ata driver, oh well...

> Now an equivalent variant (while loop instead of goto in ata_getparam ,
> ata-all.c,v 1.43) is committed and surprise, the new kernel does not
> boot anymore.

I suggest you try out the 1.44 version that has been committed since
and let me know what that brings.

At any rate I'd be interested in a full verbose dmesg from the machine...

-Søren