Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 1997 13:24:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org, fullermd@futuresouth.com
Subject:   Re: group assignments from make world.

In message <199710091911.MAA06915@usr08.primenet.com> Terry Lambert writes:
: Seems like an awful lot of work to get around a problem caused by
: allowing CVSup in the middle of a multifile checkin and/or checkin
: of code which hasn't been build between time of modification and
: time of checkin and/or multiple developers simultaneously adding
: code (a very rare, yet potential, collision case).

Actually, it is to enforce reading of -current.  The issue you present
is interesting, but not the problem I'm trying to solve.

: Does this strike anyone else as a discipline issue rather than
: a user read-access control issue?

It is.  I'm just brainstorming ideas on how to encourage/require
people have a certain level of cluefulness, or read -current.

Warner