Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 00:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Andrew P. Lentvorski" <bsder@mail.allcaps.org>
To:        Markku Kokko <webmaster@maximillian.nu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: acd0: MODE_SENSE_BIG

On 17 Oct 2002, Markku Kokko wrote:

> Here's my dmesg.... Please help me, I really need to use the cd drive as
> it is a CD-rw drive...

I had this same MODE_SENSE_BIG problem.  None of the fixes worked for me
either.

I simply replaced my CD-RW drive with a newer model and the problems went
away.  It was much easier than trying to track the problem down,
especially since a new CDRW is about $50.

As an aside, if one of the dev team really wants to track this down, I
will happily donate my old CD-RW which exhibits this problem for the price
of postage.  It's just gathering dust at this point.

-a