Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 96 22:29:05 +0900
From:      ko-baba@kdd.co.jp
To:        nate@sri.MT.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel reconfiguration for 3Com PCMCIA

from subject <Re: Installation by 3Com PCMCIA adapter>

>> Your tip was exactly helpful.
>> Installation was succeeded !!
>
>Great.  The if_zp driver in -stable supports the 3C589C now, so if you
>upgrade your kernel sources to the versions in -stable, you should be
>able to build a custom kernel for your laptop.

Now I am trying reconfiguration of kernel.
I know the original kernel does not support 3C589C card. But I
can not understand what you mean by "if_zp driver in -stable
supports the 3C589C".

So I did one try as follow.
I made the device 'zp' in /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC commented out,
 but things are still same.

Am I doing wrong configuration? Please give me one more advice.

regards.
----
Koji Baba (ko-baba@kdd.co.jp)