Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:14:57 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>
To:        Alex Varju <varju@webct.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question about perl5 ports

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 12:17:22PM -0800, Alex Varju wrote:
Hi,

I think we already have one :-) Take a look at
ports/www/p5-Template-Toolkit. I created this port one or two weeks
ago. If you like, you could take the maintainership of this port :-)
(I set it to ports@FreeBSD.org when I committed it.)

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to create a port for the Template-Toolkit package, and have
> run into a bit of a snag.  This module is interactive during the build,
> confirming which modules to perform tests on.  The selections made here do
> not appear to be relevant, as it will install all of the same components
> no matter what is chosen, and the tests are not run.

If you create this port in a chrooted environment (or on a fresh
installed box, the same thing), this shouldn't be a problem. At that
time I created this port, I also drop a note on freebsd-ports mailing
list that this port only suits for packaging on bento. Any serious web
monkey should make this port by hand and answer the questions.

> Is there a standard way to turn off these interactive questions in the
> port Makefile?  Or will I have to patch the sources if I want to disable
> this?

After a quick inspection, these questions are hardcoded in the
Makefile.PL. I think unless some body make some patches for it,
there's no quick trick...

> My first attempt at the port, without any modifications to the source is
> here:
>
>   http://snapple.webct.com/alex/p5-Template-Toolkit.tgz
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Feel free to handle this port and maintain it :-) Don't look at me
now, I have only three monthes left to struggle for my scholarship.

Regards,
Clive

--
pub  1024D/F8D2B472 2000-08-05 Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>
     Key fingerprint = 7F9D 57A8 55C7 AA18 49B5  3820 570B 27F6 F8D2 B472