Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 02:46:14 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC164 SRM firmware problem

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:58:10AM -0500, Josh Tolbert wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
> 	I haven't successfully made a serial connection to the Alpha. I'm
> going to continue working with the Alpha tonight, and now I have the
> settings that Wilko provided, but I'm not familiar with serial consoles at
> all. I guess I'm going to use Kermit, but I'm not sure if I need to make
> Kermit "listen" or "connect" or other things of the sort.

I've successfully used minicom to do this.  My minicom setup (assuming the
first serial port looks like this:

# cat /usr/local/etc/minicom/minirc.cuaa0
# Machine-generated file - use "minicom -s" to change parameters.
pr port             /dev/cuaa0
pu baudrate         9600
pu bits             8
pu parity           N