Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:28:28 +0200
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compat headed for history

In message <40DF2607.5020409@mac.com>, Chuck Swiger writes:

>In other words, I care quite a bit about how "working, supported
>functionality" gets transitioned to "no longer available".  I'm not happy with
>the notion of "supported" -> "HEADS UP" -> one week -> gone.

I don't think anybody would be happy with that, and that is not what
was proposed in this case.

The future of ibcs2 and svr4 has been in doubt for a long time (and
still is pending developer attention), but appearantly most of the
previous discussion and warnings have not been noticed:

	critter phk> cvs -R annotate files.i386 | grep SVR4

	Annotations for files.i386