Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:47:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        postmaster@minjust.gov.ua
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Tecra 8000 internal modem trouble.

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Igor Karpov wrote:

> I'm trying to make FreeBSD 4.6.2 to use internal modem on Toshiba Tecra 8000
> - with no success yet.

> I'm not sure that this modem is supported with ltmdm-1.4 (from
> ports). However, this modem is working under W2K.

It's been made to work under Linux.  However, the ltmdm port doesn't
seem to support it.  I've corresponded with the author, Kiyoshi Watanabe
(my apologies if I have the name backwards).  There is an alpha version
of an update, but it did not seem to recognize the modem, either.

I'm somewhat hampered by not knowing what it would do if it *did*
recognize the modem.  I think on detecting the modem it would show a
dmesg-like message about the modem.

The good news is that disabling the modem frees another irq, so you can
have two PC cards at the same time...