Date:      21 May 1997 16:59:52 U
From:      "Tse_Jimmy" <tse_jimmy@mssmtp.lacoe.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help on installation of FreeBSD v2.1

<<<<<< Attached TEXT file named "mailsign" follows >>>>>>
I hate to ask for assistence in something so trivia but I am new to the Unix
world. I am having so much problem installing FreeBSD in my 133mhz clone with
16m of RAM and 1.2 g harddisk I need all the help I can get.

I am not sure about the problem I have because of my inexperience with Unix
or problem with equipment.  I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.11 through the
CDROM.  I setup a DOS partition with barebone DOS with CDROM drivers loaded
at startup.  I then ran INSTALL from the CDROM.  Created the BSD partitions
and designated it to be bootable.  I would get an error message "UNABLE TO
SWAP TO /DEV/WD0S1B: DEVICE NOT CONFIGURED" but I was able to bypass it.  On
the next step, I would get another error message "UNABLE TO MAKE NEW ROOT
FILESYSTEM ON /DEV/RWD0A!: COMMAND RETURNED STATUS 1".  The process will
abort after this point.

I am confused because when I created the partitions, I cannot mount any swap
volumes nor can I create any other volume other than /usr or the root.  So,
how can I resolve the errors?  I, somehow, got it loaded last night but
cannot get the Ethernet card going so I decided to reload the software again
to see if I can run the full setup but I keep getting those error messages.

I am also getting error message about "NO CDROM DEVICES FOUND - CHECK SYSTEM
CONFIGURATION".  DOS found the CD but why FreeBSD does not?

HELP !!  Thank you for your help.