Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:09:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@elite.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   burncd fixate error

I'm running 4.0-STABLE and my CDR drive can't write the toc.
I tried twice and each time I get the following error:

# burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 2 data rawcd.iso fixate
next writeable LBA 0
writing from file rawcd.iso size 656134 KB
written this track 656134 KB (100%) total 656134 KB
fixating CD, please wait..
burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCCLOSEDISK): Input/output error

The kernel gives these messages:
acd0: CLOSE_TRACK/SESSION - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=30 ascq=09 error=04

I have an IDE Plextor CDR drive.  It burns the exact same image just fine in
Easy CD Creator under Windows.  I noticed someone else had the same problem
a few months ago:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?db=irt&id=200004051429.QAA46863@freebsd.dk

Also, I still get sequence errors when trying to close the session again, so
I guess the new atapi-cd stuff hasn't made it into -STABLE yet?

Thanks,
Nate