Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:49:09 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>

> > >        for time-critical system management problems.
> > >
> > >     5.Answers to questions are to be mailed back to the questioner and are
> > > not to be sent to
> > >        the entire list. The person who originally asked the question has
> >
> > The trouble with this is that many people need the same questions
> > answered.  Ive filed off copies of a lot of answers people got to their
> > questions, rather than having to ask them myself.  Ive also read the
> > answer to a question that I didnt have, only to find the answer to one I
> > did.
>
> I'll second this.  You will seldom see me ask a question here, but you
> should see the pile of files from this list that I've saved on subjects
> of interest to me.  I'm really learning a lot (though I still seem to
> know all too little).  It serves as something of an ongoing tutorial.

I like to save copies of all the messages that look I'll be asking them
later on. However I've ended up with so many it's a real chore going back
through them. :-)

The reason I always copy my answers back to the list is so:

1) in case i've got it wrong

2) if i've got it right someone else who wanted to know can see it

3) if i've got it right no-one else will need to answer it and they can
concentrate on the curly questions :-)

Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au