Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 01:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
Cc:        "'Vince Gonzalez'" <vince@nycrc.net>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Why using a DOS tool to customize boot manager? (WAS: RE: boo t ma nager)

You can try osbsbeta, free and in the tools directory, which can
be customized on install; or a payware boot manager like
System Commander, which needs to have a dos partition around
in which to keep its files.  It does other things too like
resizing paritions (but not FreeBSD partitions/slices).  I think
WC CDROM has a special on it if you buy the FreeBSD cdrom set.
Partition Magic comes with (or used to come with) the IBM/OS2
boot manager, which requires one of your four partitions on a
hard drive.  Partition Magic does quite a lot of stuff too.
When I was using it, it could only be customized on install,
whereas System Commander has all sorts of customization options
always available.  In fact you can change remotely the system
in which to boot, if you have access to your dos partition from
the OS you're running.

	Annelise