Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 03:52:45 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <st@i-Plus.net>
To:        "Tim Moony" <timm@uniqsite.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: K56 Support Code in ppp?

What additional support is needed? I've got my FreeBSD-2.2.2 box dialed up
with a k56flex modem (Supra) right now.  I couldn't tell you the exact
speed, but it's definitely much faster than 33.6.

Basically, a modem is a modem is a modem, they are (mostly) all serial
devices, and all behave the same.  The internal modems are a bit of a pain,
as it seems that all the manufacturers have gone to PnP crap, leaving us
without much of an option (I ended up getting an external, and I'm slowly
getting used to it).