Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 11:22:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Charlie Root <root@kcmain-int.SKW-Inc.Com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86

Greetings,

	I have a new PC with a Trident 9680 chipset in it.  When I try to start
Xwindows, it switches graphics mode, goes to all black and stops.  If I do a
CTRL-ALT-BS, it comes back to my prompt.  I thought this had something to do
with the Linear Frame Buffer being mis-aligned.  I tried using the config
parameter to disable the frame buffer and it did not help.

When I start X I get:

SVGA: PCI: Trident TGUI 9660/9680/9682 rev 211, Memory @ 0xe0000000, 0xe0400000
Trident chipset version: 0xd3 (TGUI96xx)
SVGA: Detected a Trident 9680
SVGA: Revision 1
SVGA: Using Trident programmable clocks
SVGA: chipset:  tgui96xx
SVGA: videoram: 1024k
SVGA: Using 8bpp, Depth 8, Color weight: 666
SVGA: Maximum allowed dot-clock: 135.000 MHz