Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 17:44:07 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Source code commits

> Is it possible to commit source code locally, and get cvsup to send the
> udpates back to freefall ?  If not, would there be a lot of work involved ?

This isn't cvsup's domain, actually, but it is something CVS can
handle itself.  You simply set CVS_RSH to ``ssh' and CVSROOT to
``freefall.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs'', then you do your CVS operations
as normal.

I have some shell functions which I use so that I can keep things
checked out relative to my local CVS repository (and obviously many
times faster than using freefall's) up until the point where I want to
commit the changes, then it fools CVS into thinking that the sources
were originally checked out from freefall too:

function do-local-cvs {
	setenv CVSROOT /home/ncvs
	[ -f CVS/Root ] && echo $CVSROOT > CVS/Root
}

function do-remote-cvs {
	setenv CVSROOT freefall.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs
	[ -f CVS/Root ] && echo $CVSROOT > CVS/Root
}

function cvscommit {
	do-remote-cvs
	cvs commit $*