Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 16:51:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dbaker@neosoft.com
Subject:   Smart UPS -- any experts out there?

I'm seriously considering buying a UPS, as the power in my area seems to be
prone to occasional "blinks" of a second or two.  Someone mentioned getting
a "smart" UPS that I could interface to FreeBSD to, for instance, perform
an automatic clean shutdown on power failure.

Any advice, opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

(Cc: to one of my ISP's admins who's been trying to get his UPS to work
with FreeBSD, too)

--
Conrad Sabatier                   |  FreeBSD -- UNIX for your PC
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/  |  http://www.freebsd.org