Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 15:28:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        coredump@nervosa.com (invalid opcode)
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG, toor@dyson.iquest.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current and accelx

invalid opcode writes:

> On Fri, 15 Mar 1996 sos@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> > >=20
> > > Info, info, info :-).  Jordan wants to cut a new snap soon, and I w=
ant
> > > to fix the problems for him ASAP.  Anything that you tell me about =
the hang

> > Ok, so I did a simple test, and found out that its the change in
> > vm_mmap.c (1.38->1.39) that makes life miserable for me and my accelx
> > server...
> > Hope that helps you John....
> > For others, just retrive the 1.38 version of vm_mmap.c and you're
> > back in business...
> > S=F8ren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD=
 Core Team

> I second that. I got the 1.38 version, and I'm now writing this from=20
> within X. No problems at all. All in all, -current is pretty stable for=
 me.

	Hmm, it's been stable for me too (the reason that I
installed it is that I got a JAZ drive today and I'm told that
only the drivers in -current make it sleep and wake properly (I
was running 2.1.0R)).  How can I retrieve the 1.38 version?  I
have no freebsd.org account (unless someone wants to give me

-matt

--=20
Matthew C. Mead

mmead@Glock.COM