Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:52:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (FWD) Re: Alpha builds

Yes, I'd like help with this also. I'm quite busy trying to get stuff
backported for 4.1 and if someone could take on the task of

	- fixing perl
	- fixing gdb for the kernel

they'll get smothered with hugs and kisses. I plan to take another run at
trying to get perl buildable this weekend, but if someone else can tackle it,
that'd be great.

Note that perl actually appears to *build* out of the straight bundle of
stuff- but fails a couple of the tests.

The problem for our build appears to be in usage of miniperl. One thing I'm,
heh heh, trying to make sure of as I rebuild perl, is that the old libperl.so
is not around- that can sure confuse one when you build the gnu tarball.