Date:      Sat, 07 Jan 1995 16:54:39 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Timeline of FreeBSD

><tag/May, 1994/ FreeBSD 1.X work ceased, 4.4BSD-Lite tree put under CVS to form
>the beginning of FreeBSD 2.0

   This isn't correct; The FreeBSD 1.x work continued until the 1.1.5 release
(we negotiated being allowed to do 1.1.5 with USL). After the initial port was
checked into CVS, work on 2.0 was concurrent with work on 1.1.5 for several
months...we had two seperate CVS trees during this time. Somebody else might
remember the exact date of the 1.1.5 release.

-DG