Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:26:21 -0800
From:      Sean Bruno <seanbru@yahoo-inc.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS + SVN problem?

--=-gmakS/ERo3+SPZtfuGZL

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 09:58 -0800, Rick Macklem wrote:
> I don't know if Dimitry tried this, but you could also try the
> "nolockd" option, so that byte range locking is done locally in
> the client and avoids the NLM.
>=20
> Good luck with it and please let us know how it goes, rick=20

This seems to allow SVN 1.7 to do whatever nonsense it is trying to do.
I've modified my fstab on the test host in the cluster to:

dumpster:/vol/volshscratch         /dumpster/scratch       nfs
rw,soft,intr,bg,nolockd,nosuid  0 0

Removing soft,intr had no effect.  This, I suspect will be problematic
for clusteradm@ if we start updating hosts in the cluster.

Sean

--=-gmakS/ERo3+SPZtfuGZL

--=-gmakS/ERo3+SPZtfuGZL--