Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:37:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Matt Jacob <mjacob@FreeBSD.org>, scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/cam/scsi scsi_all.c

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Brooks Davis wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 09:56:35PM -0700, Matt Jacob wrote:
> > mjacob      2002/09/22 21:56:35 PDT
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     sys/cam/scsi         scsi_all.c
> >   Log:
> >   A SCSI_DELAY of zero is a legitimate value to have.
> >   The notion that you must "always" have a delay is at best misinformed.
>
> This change only half fixed the check since there a boot/runtime check
> at the bottom of the file in sec_scsi_delay.

Oh, well, yes, I didn't catch/change this. I don't really care about
what the sysctl does/claims to do- it's not really pertinent for what I
was trying to get to. I just wanted to fix the compile time wrong.

> If we're going to allow 0 we should probably also allow values between
> 0 and 100 as well and just toss the checks.  I don't really object to
> letting the user take aim at their foot if that's what they want to do.

You don't understand the real issue, which is that delaying after a bus
reset is an SPI-only issue, and one that is not encapsulated in any spec
in any hard and fast way- so don't talk bout 'aiming at foot' unless it
the thing you're aiming happens to be your nourishment mandibiles.