Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 19:34:45 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make -j3 on make world?

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > 	The only change is adding ${MAKEFLAGS} to the ${MAKE} line so
> > that the -j3 flag carried down into the subdir's, so that make world
> > works with parellel make...
>
> That seems an entirely reasonable change - I can't see any reason
> why you *wouldn't* want MAKEFLAGS passed.  Of course, this is also
> not the only place where ${MAKE} is used without makeflags (heh,
> and I always thought make passed MAKEFLAGS down *implicitly* to
> submakes as a special case).

	I'm still playing with it, buts its the only place I've found
so far that makes a difference, at least as far as -j3 was concerned..

	Having just thought about it, though...you *can* specify
-j3 inside of /etc/make.conf as well, but putting in a line of
'MAKEFLAGS=	-j3', so I'm going to add (commented out) that to
/etc/make.conf and document that as well...