Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 12:51:25 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommendations...

> I think you will find that a current AAI production Pentium PRO 200 system
> running on the ASUS PCI/I-P6NP5 is quite a blinding fast machine.  In this
> configuration it turns make worlds in about 1:38 minutes, and using
> multiple spindles it has been seen to go as low as 1:22.  All times are

on my tests on pro200/256 using BCM made motherboard i've gotten down to
1:22 too, using two fujitsu ultra wide 2gig drives, and adaptec 2940UW,
disks striped with 128 interleave. i had 64 megs 60ns ram. version was
2.1.5-RELEASE and i didnt twiddle with any make options. full make world.

should i assume the board is atleast decent?

mickey
--
   mika ruohotie    mika@aeon.net    net/sys admin