Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:20:57 +0300
From:      "Petri Helenius" <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pci configuration

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Petri Helenius wrote:
>
> > Is there way to view PCI / PCI-X configuration with bus-width and clock
> > values when FreeBSD has already booted?
>
> If you know where in PCI config space to look you could use pciconf to
> query it.  Can't say I've heard of PCI speed negotiation issues, though.

I havenīt exactly had issues but every now and then "somebody" puts in
a 32/33 card into a bus which is shared with motherboard components
effectively killing performance. At this time, if I understand correctly, there
is no instrumentation in the OS to figure out whatīs going on, so physical
inspection is neccessary instead of just making a piece of software beep
to the IT monkey to go and pull the junk out.

Pete