Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 12:58:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        adrian@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [mount.c]: Option "user"-patch

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999 adrian@freebsd.org wrote:

:Then all you need to do is think of a sane way to chown console devices
:(floppy, cdrom, etc..) to the user when they login? Perhaps an extension
:to login/xdm/whatever kde uses ?

You can do this in /etc/fbtab.  You already chown the console for X
logging (you should be anyway).  I don't like the idea of restricting
access to the console user.  That assumes that the removable media device
in question is present on every machine in the room.  This is not always
the case.  It may not even be the dominant case.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)