Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 1996 16:19:28 +0100
From:      "Rui A. Castro" <aquadata@telepac.pt>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using FreeBSD on a very low cost Inter/Intranet project

Hi to all at FreeBSD.org.

After 7 years of working and studying the DOS/Win/Intel combo and
avoiding Unix at all cost, I think that I have come to the point
where there is not much more to learn or to be challenged by. So I
decided to start studying and using something that I had refused for all
this time - Unix.

Being kind of new at it and at very technical internetworking
technologies and communications I get lost some times.

That's where FreeBSD comes on scene. I've read on a document I
downloaded from your site, that one can use FreeBSD, a pre-historical
i386 computer and a COMM board to build a low cost router.

Now this is where things get more complicated. I have built a Netware
3.11 network at the office and I need to know the following:

	1 - I think I can use FreeBSD to establish a Internet server. Am
	I right?

	2 - Can I then connect my NW3.11 network to the FreeBSD Internet
	Gateway so I can use it in dual mode (Internet/Intranet)?

	3 - Can I use a FreeBSD system to provide dial-up access to my
	WWW site (multi-line, multi-modem)?

Any and all help would be appreciated, as would some book tips on these
subjects.

Thanks for the time and attention.

Best Regards

Rui A.