Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 1996 09:56:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        rich@lamprey.utmb.edu
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, imb@scgt.oz.au
Subject:   Re: panic: inconsistent empty queue

> |From: michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
> |On a recently compiled -stable, I'm seeing either processes hanging with
> |"getnewbuf" or a "panic: inconsistent empty queue". Usually after running X
> |and netscape. There's 60+ meg of swap on this machine and 32 meg of RAM so I
> |don't have any explanations .. anyone ?
>
> I'm seeing similar panics on -stable.  Reverting to an
> older kernel eliminates them for this system and
> another similar system (486/eisa).
>
> I've built a kernel with -g, DDB and DODUMP.  If anyone
> has suggestions as to what to look for with the
> debugger or what to try, I'd apprecate any tips.  I can
> also give anyone who is interested access to this
> machine.  Rich

I have duplicated this crash here running a 2 week old stable
during a make world, except I don't get the scsi timeout, I drop
right into a panic: getnewbuf: inconsistent AGE queue, qindex = 2,
with a similiar traceback.

Reverting to 2.1-RELEASE on the system eliminated the problem :-(.

I do not see this problem on any of the PCI systems I have been
building so this may be related to the EISA changes and only effecting
EISA systems.