Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 19:12:22 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Scott Mallonee <smallone@newbridge.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Source download, VXworks

Scott Mallonee wrote:

> BSD Folks,
>
> I seek your attention for a few questions:
>
> 1) I am now struggling to bring the source code onto my local (Solaris) environment. I
> have FTPed the contents of
> ftp://ftp5.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-RELEASE/src/ , but install.sh
> contains options that in my version of sh, the id and man commands do not understand. Is
> there a method for doing a source extraction in Solaris?

each of the source "components" is just there as chunks of gzipped tar
archives. If you just have a look at the end of install.sh, you'll see
how to unpack your components.

If you have an old "tar", you can get the sources via
"cat ssys* >> ssys.tgz"
"gzip -cd ssys.tgz | tar xvf -"

	TfH

PS : if you have problems getting your way through a simple shell
script, you may have a rough time porting the IP stack to a new OS :
good luck !