Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 02:35:07 GMT
From:      James Raynard <jraynard@dial.pipex.com>
To:        igor@cs.ibank.ru
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xview-lib question

> All,
>   I've make xview-lib from ports-current and sometimes (after I
> start ftptool, as example) I can see:
>
>   System warning: No such file or directory, extras menu file
> /usr/lib/./usr/X11R6/lib/.text_extras_menu (Textsw package)
>
>   Why? :)

olvwm/xview don't seem to work in the way that might be expected.
Here's a list of fixes I posted to this list a couple of months ago:-

1. Change all calls to cfree() to free().
2. Edit all the hard-coded references to "/usr/lib/X11" (yuck!)
3. ln -s /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11
4. Add the following to your .profile, if you use sh/bash/ksh as your shell:-
        EXTRASMENU=/usr/X11R6/lib/.text_extras_menu
        OLWMMENU=/usr/X11R6/lib/openwin-menu
        OPENWINHOME=/usr/X11R6
        export EXTRASMENU OLWMMNEU OPENWINHOME

   If you use csh/tcsh, add to your .cshrc instead:-
        setenv EXTRASMENU /usr/X11R6/lib/.text_extras_menu
        setenv OLWMMENU /usr/X11R6/lib/openwin-menu
        setenv OPENWINHOME /usr/X11R6

5. Either copy the distribution clients/olwm/.olwmmenu to
   /usr/X11R6/lib/openwin-menu or write your own (or do what I did and
   steal the one that comes with Slackware! 8-)

Cheers
James