Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:15:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>
To:        dc <admin@cyrebels.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Redirecting/mapping ports to a local machine... help!

Hello,
   Your Windows FTP server does work on port 42:
ftp your_Internet_IP 42

Connected to u-serv FTP...

I am not sure if this is why things were not working when you tedted them,
but testing your ftp connection from inside your LAN (192.168.X.X) will
not work.  Maybe telnet to another machine on the Internet and then try
FTPing back to your FreeBSD box for testing purposes.

Ivan.