Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:01:28 -0700
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kg@versys.net>
To:        Janis <janisd@optonline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cant get a Hostname

Switch your Outlook Express settings to compose Plain Text please.

Janis wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I recently moved to a different city and I moved my local cable modem
> with me. I never had a problem before getting a hostname to come up in
> my address. I have called the internet cable company several times but
> I get no help. They tell me as long as I connect they dont see a
> problem. But I am having a problem, I cant get onto alot of servers
> with a software I use. Is there anyway that I can change this IP to a
> hostname??? Please help thanks

Sometimes I wonder about the cable co .....

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking and if it is FreeBSD related.

If it is, and your host is optonline.net then making sure that
"/etc/resolv.conf" contains the proper DNS IP addresses for the service
provider.

They are:

167.206.1.30
167.206.1.103

According to the data at network solutions.

Hope this helps.

--
  Regards,

  Kevin G. Eliuk