Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:23:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "David J. Fiander" <djfiande@julian.uwo.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Announce: PPPoE for -curent and -stable now standard.

you don't need any modules if you have the options in your kernel.

basicaly what you need to do to get pppoe running
is have a 'set device PPPoE:ed0'
in your ppp config file

you should also have
'cd 5'
and
'set dial'

I have:
pppoe:
 set device PPPoE:ed0
 set mru 1492
 set mtu 1942
 deny chap
 accept pap
 set speed sync
 set cd 5
 set authname xxxxx
 set authkey ccccc
 enable lqr
 set redial 0 0
 set dial
 add 0 0 HISADDR

then I type

ppp -ddial pppoe
 and zap.. I'm online.

ifconfig -a to see what addresses I got.

Julian