Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:51:35 -0500
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Making a port: What about config files?

Hi,
I have a simple port I maintain, but I'm still fairly new to these things.
I have a question about the config file.  Is it proper to put the config
file in the PLIST or not?  I mean, if you are just removing the port to
reinstall it or upgrade it, you probably wouldn't want your config file
removed.  But, if you are removing the port permanently you probably would.

I would think to leave the config file out of the PLIST, but I wanted to
know if there was a "right" way to do things.

Thanks,
-Chris