Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:52:09 -0500
From:      Guy Silliman <gws@silliman.net>
To:        Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq 1850R panics with 5.x

well I might have some insight into this mystery....

I am currently running with a less then fully populated drive cage... I
have 2 of the 3 1 inch 9.1gb drives in place.  I have had them placed in
the slot 0 and slot 1 position.  And win2k server loaded fine but fbsd
did not see the drives.

On a hunch - I just moved the drives up so that the empty spot is slot 0
and the 2 drives are in slots 1 and 2... 4.7R saw the drives.  4.9R does
not.  Now I am new to this chassis - I don't know if I am supposed to
have a blank in this empty slot - but it will not matter ot me in the
long run, as I have another 9.1gb drive on its way to fill the empty
spot.. I just hope I do not have a buggy backplane.

Guy