Date:      Sun, 25 Dec 2011 07:15:56 +1300
From:      Matthew Luckie <mjl@luckie.org.nz>
To:        Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: serial consoles

On 12/25/11 01:17, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> Perhaps the following pages will be helpful :
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/serial.html#SERIAL-CABLES-PORTS
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/serial-console.php
>
> Thank you very much .

I've read them while trying to get this going.  Just a comment on the
freebsd handbook pages: they seem to still talk about the sio driver
which I understand is deprecated in freebsd8.

One thing I have not done is touch /boot/loader.conf.  I'm not worried
about seeing the system boot messages, just the ability to login after
the system has booted -- i.e. I did not do step 2 of 27.6.2.  Should I have?

Matthew